- Follow Stupidmonsters on WordPress.com
No Instagram images were found.
- What an audience, all 1700 of them! Thanks to all the schools for letting me have so much fun!
- Just did an interview for BBC Radio Oxford about the sad passing of Leo Baxendale. Never let it be said that I don’t do my research.
- I had a good laugh at a new joke I squeezed into Julius Zebra book 3, then I turned around and saw this face.
- Foreign editions for Julius Zebra: Bundle With The Britons are rolling in thick and fast, along with the UK paperback edition!
- I’m enjoying some weird Icelandic Sagas. I particularly like this in-story critique of a poem.
- Bad Dog Beanomax Bumble Billy Burp the Caveman clouds Comical Animal Derek Play Derek the Sheep dinosaurs Ellen Lindner Family History Festivals Garden dudes Interviews Jim Medway knitting Me elsewhere Nat Geo Kids Nelson New Cross Turn Left photos Sarah McIntyre Sketches Small Press TBK Magazine Teenytinysaurs The Phoenix Tumblr Uncategorized Vern and Lettuce
Category Archives: Derek the Sheep
So, last week was a very strange week, a week when the spotlight fell onto British comics with the news of the demise of The Dandy, the weekly children’s comic which has been part of the fabric of British culture … Continue reading
Yep, I’ll be at Thought Bubble this weekend (19/20th November), which looks like being a real humdinger. Two massive halls crammed with a billion cartoonists (count ’em). I’ll be at Table F in Saviles Hall, alongside the marvellous Douglas Noble. … Continue reading
Derek The Sheep Is Dead! Long Live Derek The Sheep! Whilst the nation still mourns the loss of regular comic strip shenanigans in the Beano from our favourite woolly nutjob Derek the Sheep, it’s time to rejoice at his major … Continue reading
Well, it had to happen one day, and today is unfortunately that sad day. This month sees Derek’s final appearance in a Beano mag for the foreseeable future. After 7 long, mad, crazy years, 70-odd stories, including 5 Beano annual … Continue reading
Hooray! This week sees the release of a new issue of the monthly mag Beanomax, which, as we all know, means another stupid DEREK THE SHEEP story! “Woohoo!” the nation cries. This month features Derek looking after idiot savant Bernard … Continue reading
Hooray! It’s another month, which means there’s another Derek in the Beanomax!!! This month Derek and his sheepy pals are woken from their woolly lazy world and are subjected to the raving loony that is Clarence the keep-fit sheepdog. Here’s … Continue reading
Graffiti Knitting eh, What’s that all about? Little old ladies tagging trains with bits of wool in the dead of night? Well, sort of. Apart from the “old ladies” bit. And maybe skip the “dead of night” bit too. Ok, … Continue reading
Got sent a jpeg of the print copy of Sunday’s interview for the Irish Sunday Independent! Here it be…Ain’t I handsome. I might publish the full unabridged version one day, which includes my fantastic beans on toast joke. I told … Continue reading
Derek the Sheep turns up all over the shop alongside fellow sheep compatriot Vern, in TBK magazine this month! TBK is a brilliant mag all about new and groovy childrens books and this issue is their 30th anniversary issue. Even … Continue reading